Aprons. I knew I wanted to make these for the party, but I did not know it would be nearly impossible to find a decent pattern. So with the help of my patient Mother, we took matters into our own hands and I sketched up a design. With 2 parties in the works, they had to be simple enough that we could make about 20 (without wanting to kill ourselves!), yet cool enough to satisfy the designer in me. I think we struck a great balance. Oilcloth fabric worked perfectly for the base, and trimming with bias tape and ric rac gave them a finished look, while also eliminating the need for hemming (other than the top of the girls pockets). For the girls we added a sweet scallop bottom and two pockets trimmed with ric rac. For the boys we did one larger pocket and kept the bottom straight. The oversize pattern is too big for a printable download, so instead i’ve provided the sketch with measurements and supply lists so that anyone interested can hopefully replicate the idea relatively easily. Just give me a shout if you have questions, & happy sewing!
Here is the free printable.